By SparkNotes Editors
Retail caliber, downloadable pdf from SparkNotes
SparkChartsTM—created by way of Harvard scholars for college students everywhere—serve as learn partners and reference instruments that disguise a variety of university and graduate university matters, together with company, desktop Programming, medication, legislation, international Language, Humanities, and technological know-how. Titles like tips on how to learn, Microsoft observe for home windows, Microsoft PowerPoint for home windows, and HTML offer you what it takes to discover good fortune at school and past. Outlines and summaries conceal key issues, whereas diagrams and tables make tricky recommendations more straightforward to digest.
This four-page chart covers:
Plant and animal cells
Cell constitution, respiratory, and reproduction
Meiosis and mitosis
Evolution and diversity
The 5 kingdoms
Plants and the biosphere
Read or Download Biology (SparkCharts) PDF
Best biology books
Curiosity in marine mammals has elevated dramatically within the previous couple of a long time, as evidenced by means of the variety of books, medical papers, and meetings dedicated to those animals. these days, a convention on marine mammals can allure among one and thousand scientists from all over the world. This upsurge of curiosity has led to a physique of information which, in lots of circumstances, has pointed out significant conservation difficulties dealing with specific species.
This two-volume paintings provides a precis and overview of the present kingdom of lobster biology, ecology, body structure, habit, and administration. It emphasizes the biology of clawed lobsters (Nephropidae) and spiny lobsters (Palinuridae), with cognizance additionally given to slipper lobsters (Scyllaridae) and coral lobsters (Synaxidae).
- The Domestic Cat: The Biology of its Behaviour (3rd Edition)
- The Molecular Biology of Picornaviruses
- Biology of Adventitious Root Formation
- Current Protocols in Cell Biology
- Seasons of Life: The Biological Rhythms that Enable Living Things to Thrive and Survive
Extra resources for Biology (SparkCharts)
The serum serves as a block for nonspecific antibody binding. Ensure that no serum of the host of the primary antibody is used. Prior to use, clarify all diluted antibody solutions by centrifuging at 15,000g for 10 min. Proprietary mountants: Mounting media such as Fluoromount (BDH, UK), Vector Shield (Vector Labs, Peterborough, UK), and Citifluor (Agar Scientific, Essex, UK) are all useful. Antiphotobleaching properties of additives such as n-propyl gallate and paraphenylene diamine significantly prolong the lifetime of observation of many common fluorophores under the conditions of laser light excitation used.
5. As can be seen in Fig. 1, the response to 10 µM carbachol was biphasic (Fig. 1A). Also shown for comparison is a typical 340/380 nm recording (Fig. 1B) and the derived 340/380 ratio (Fig. 1C). Fura-2 Measurements in Cell Suspensions 35 Fig. 1. Carbachol increases [Ca2+]i in suspensions of SH-SY5Y cells. (A) Emission at 340 and 380 nm excitation. Note the antiparallel movement of both traces. (B) Derived 340/380 ratio and (C) [Ca 2+]i after calibration. 39, respectively. 18 arbitrary units Շ2% of cell signal.
Introduction An elevation in intracellular calcium concentration ([Ca2+]i) acts to trigger a range of cellular events including neurotransmitter release, muscle contraction, and oocyte fertilization (1,2). The pattern of elevation in [Ca2+]i and response to that elevation is dependent on the agonist and the cell type. The introduction of the calcium-sensitive dye fura-2 (3) revolutionized the measurement of [Ca2+]i in whole cell suspensions, populations of adherent cells, single cells, and in subcellular regions (see ref.
Biology (SparkCharts) by SparkNotes Editors