By Jeff Heaton
* presents an advent to J2EE utilizing the WebLogic platform, which claims the biggest industry share-about 40 percent-of the Java program server industry * positive factors the main complete insurance of the part sorts of WebLogic within the pleasant For Dummies type * Covers static assets, JSPs, taglibs and servlets, EJBs, and WebLogic's net provider improvement and deployment services and instruments * Teaches readers the fundamental management and tracking services outfitted into WebLogic, utilizing a conversational and example-driven procedure * makes use of real-world analogies all programmers will realize to introduce the foremost subject matters of J2EE * Examples will contain not just coding, but additionally step by step deployment and troubleshooting suggestions
Read Online or Download BEA WebLogic Server 8 for Dummies PDF
Best client-server systems books
Microsoft's web details Server 6 is an online server application that works with the home windows Server 2003 working method. IIS is Microsoft's solution within the net server industry to Apache, the open resource and number 1 net server in use. within the US nine. 7 million servers run IIS (28 percentage of the industry) powering five.
Distant technique name (RPC) is the glue that holds jointly MS-DOS, home windows three. x, and home windows NT. it's a client-server expertise -- a fashion of creating courses on diverse structures interact like one. the benefit of RPC over different allotting programming innovations is so you might hyperlink structures jointly utilizing uncomplicated C calls, as in a single-system application.
MCITP advisor TO MICROSOFT home windows SERVER 2008, firm management (EXAM #70-647) prepares newbies to boost the abilities essential to deal with home windows Server 2008 in an company setting and to effectively take the MCITP 70-647 certification examination. entire assurance comprises designing lively listing area companies, DNS, team coverage, distant entry, safeguard, enterprise continuity, and virtualization.
Your whole home windows Server 2008 R2 questions answered—on the spot! wake up to hurry at the new gains of home windows Server 2008 R2 with this indispensableguide. Designed for busy IT pros, it is the ideal go-to source for speedy solutions and real-world options as you administer the hot server OS.
- Microsoft Azure Security Infrastructure
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Best Practices (Best Practices (Microsoft))
- RESTful Web services cookbook
- High-performance client/server
- Microsoft System Center: Cloud Management with App Controller
- Configuring Citrix MetaFrame XP for Windows. Including Feature Release 1
Extra info for BEA WebLogic Server 8 for Dummies
Running WebLogic as a UNIX daemon If you want your WebLogic Server to start automatically under UNIX, you must configure the server to run as a UNIX daemon. A UNIX daemon process, like a Windows service, is a program that runs in the background. Starting WebLogic Server as a daemon has the following advantages: ߜ This startup method is compatible with the UNIX operating system. ߜ Your WebLogic service starts automatically when UNIX loads. ߜ No user needs to be logged on for WebLogic Server to be running.
Having direct access to the running server can be helpful when debugging the server. To set up your WebLogic Server instance to run as a daemon, do this: 1. Change to the superuser by issuing the su command and entering the root password. To set up WebLogic Server to run as a daemon, you must have root access. 43 44 Part I: Installing and Configuring WebLogic 2. Create a daemon script. This script will start and stop your WebLogic Server instance by calling the startup script that you created earlier in the chapter.
If you choose Custom Installation, specify what you want to install, as shown in Figure 2-4, and then click Next. By default, all components are installed. If you don’t need a certain component installed, clear the check box beside its name. Figure 2-4: You can specify which components to install. 8. Specify a directory for WebLogic, as shown in Figure 2-5. In Steps 4 and 5, you created a BEA home directory. This step creates a directory for WebLogic itself. This product directory is usually a subdirectory of the BEA home directory.
BEA WebLogic Server 8 for Dummies by Jeff Heaton