By Alan Holt
Wireless verbal exchange has the good thing about mobility and obviates the necessity for cabling, yet is inherently much less safe and is topic to the heavy legislation of the radio frequency spectrum. however, the allocation of unlicensed components of the spectrum has facilitated the expansion in instant neighborhood quarter networks (WLANs). WLAN expertise is progressing at a speedy velocity, however the most generally permitted WLAN regular is the IEEE 802.11.
This targeted and hugely sensible textual content introduces the rules of WLANs dependent upon the IEEE 802.11 criteria, demonstrating how you can configure apparatus so one can enforce a variety of community suggestions. Readers will achieve knowing of the protection implications of instant networks and learn the way vulnerabilities may be mitigated. also, the e-book examines the underlying 802.11 protocols and explains the right way to construct mathematical types which will examine functionality in a WLAN environment.
Topics and Features:
- Presents a realistic method supported by means of the broad use of examples and particular instructions
- Discusses numerous instant community ideas throughout a couple of diverse seller structures, together with Cisco Aironet, Alactel-Lucent Omniaccess and Meru Networks
- Provides various mathematical types for studying the functionality of IEEE 802.11 criteria, and exhibits find out how to construct those versions utilizing Maple
- Examines problems with instant protection and describes the best way to enforce a instant community with firm security
- Investigates the medium entry keep watch over sub-layer, and versions for functionality research of the MAC layer
- Reviews the actual sub-layers of 802.11, describing modulation thoughts and studying how units adapt to alterations within the RF environment.
A hugely precious text/reference for execs, undergraduate and graduate-level scholars also will locate this ebook an incredible spouse to a college path on instant networking.
Dr. Alan Holt is leader Technical Officer on the community consultancy corporation IP functionality Ltd., dependent in Bristol, united kingdom. he's writer of the preferred Springer textual content Network functionality research: utilizing the J Programming Language.
Dr. Chi-Yu Huang works for Tata applied sciences Ltd., and is at present a software program advisor at the Airbus undertaking in Bristol. She was once previously Operations supervisor for DL Consulting, New Zealand.
Read Online or Download 802.11 Wireless Networks: Security and Analysis PDF
Best systems analysis & design books
UML for constructing wisdom administration structures offers wisdom engineers the framework within which to spot varieties of wisdom and the place this information exists in a company. It additionally exhibits ways that to exploit a typical well-known notation to catch, or version, wisdom for use in an information administration procedure (KMS).
Version checking is a method for verifying finite nation concurrent structures resembling sequential circuit designs and conversation protocols. It has a variety of benefits over conventional ways which are in line with simulation, trying out, and deductive reasoning.
ETAPS’99 is the second one example of the ecu Joint meetings on conception and perform of software program. ETAPS is an annual federated convention that was once verified in 1998 through combining a few current and new meetings. This 12 months it includes ve meetings (FOSSACS, FASE, ESOP, CC, TACAS), 4 satellite tv for pc workshops (CMCS, AS, WAGA, CoFI), seven invited lectures, invited tutorials, and 6 contributed tutorials.
Interactive applied sciences pervade each point of recent lifestyles. websites, cellular units, family contraptions, automobile controls, plane flight decks in every single place you glance, individuals are interacting with applied sciences. those interactions are ruled through a mixture of: the clients services the issues the clients are attempting to do and the context within which they try to do them.
- Satellite Personal Communications for Future-generation Systems: Final Report: COST 252 Action
- HPC@Green IT: Green High Performance Computing Methods
- TIBCO Architecture Fundamental
- Design of Dependable Computing Systems
Additional resources for 802.11 Wireless Networks: Security and Analysis
1) S= 4πd 2 A. -Y. 1007/978-1-84996-275-9_2, © Springer-Verlag London Limited 2010 15 16 2 Radio Frequencies Fig. 1 Directions of electric and magnetic fields relative to the direction of propagation where d is the distance between the radiator and the wave front (radius of the sphere). The frequency range of electromagnetic waves form the electromagnetic spectrum and range from extremely low frequencies of a few Hertz to Gamma rays at 100s of Exa-Hertz. 2) where the speed of light in free-space is c ≈ 3 × 108 m/s.
10) Gtx and Grx are the gains of the transmitting and receiving antenna respectively. Lc is the loss introduced by the antenna cable and connectors. For simplicity, we assume that the cable loss is the same at each end. FSPL is the free-space loss. We will discuss free-space loss in more detail in Chap. 2. The fade margin accounts for the losses experienced due to multi-path fading. This fade margin can be anything up to 30 dB. 5 Book Outline The organisation of the book is outlined as follows: Chapter 2: Radio Frequencies.
The location of this wireless scan was a small rural town in Wiltshire, UK. 4 GHz frequency band. Yet, This town is not a densely populated metropolitan city. If we may be allowed to submit somewhat more anecdotal evidence, a few miles away, in the city centre of Bristol, the iPhone of one of the authors detected more that 100 wireless hotspots in its new shopping complex! 11 devices. 4 GHz band, often called the industrial, scientific and medical (ISM) band, is also open to other communication devices, such as cordless telephones (DECT), baby monitors and Bluetooth devices.
802.11 Wireless Networks: Security and Analysis by Alan Holt